2278 : Software Engineer (Developer) Apply Here
Job location: DC Metro Region/Area
Syneren Technologies Corporation is a leading provider of technology solutions for the government and commercial sectors. Our broad services cover an array of disciplines including Hardware and Systems Engineering, Software Development and Testing, IT Systems Support, Independent Testing and Evaluation (IV&V) and Program Support. Notably, our innovative and effective solutions are delivered consistently by a highly qualified staff and management team. We remain committed to providing exceptional services and products, resulting in a faster time-to-market and cost savings. Syneren is a certified 8(a), SDB and woman-owned small business.
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Software Developer to support our office staff. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent programming skills and be customer oriented. Ideally, a motivated, self-driven, and results oriented team player with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications.
- Develops software update process for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements.
- Recommends, plans, schedules, implements and documents client projects as needed.
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware and software related infrastructure (Linux and Windows systems).
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. Repairs and recovers hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems associated to monitoring systems. Documents, tracks, and monitors the incident to ensure a timely resolution.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 to 6 years of related experience.
- Expertise in installing/configuring software, upgrading/patching software, performance tuning, establishing processes for backup and recovery, assisting in troubleshooting problems and maintaining detailed documentation.
- Well-versed in performing systems administration duties as well as creating secure applications and back up plans in the occurrence of a catastrophic failure.
- Possesses Section 508 compliant design, development and maintenance skills including building database data tables and writing SQL scripts to query the database
- Familiar with tools such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL as well as FISMA/NIST.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team.
- Self-motivated and customer oriented.
About Syneren: Syneren Technologies Corporation is a leading provider of technology solutions for the government and commercial sectors. Our broad services cover an array of disciplines, including Hardware and Systems Engineering, Software Development and Testing, IT Systems Support, Independent Testing and Evaluation (IV&V) and Program Support. Notably our innovative and effective solutions are delivered consistently by a highly qualified staff and management team.
Syneren Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.