4089 : Production and Deployment Support EngineerApply Here
Syneren is currently looking for a Production and Deployment Support Engineer or Mechanical Engineer to assist in the production contract management of a substantial acquisition for the National Weather Service. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential to the success in this position – candidates must be able to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Travel is required for this position less than 50% of the time. Work location is primarily Silver Spring, MD and Sterling Field Support Center, VA.
Production and Deployment Support Engineer
- Engineering degree (Bachelor’s/Master’s of Engineering or Electrical Engineering) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience monitoring the manufacturing of electromechanical systems and subsystems for performance, quality, and adherence to engineering drawings
- Excellent written, oral communications and client relationship management skills
- Experience using Production Drawing Packages and a thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages to manufacture electromechanical system. Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices
- Experience monitoring the production of electromechanical systems
- Experience monitoring manufacturing contract deliverables
- Demonstrated experience resolving issues discovered during manufacturing such as: drawing package errors, manufacturing process errors, vendor quality, parts substitution, and manufacturing quality
- Experience managing/leading tactical efforts to define and execute goals and objectives, plans, timelines, and providing quality assurance of deliverable
- Demonstrated expertise in Configuration Management, Program Assessments, and Program Controls
- Possesses or is able to obtain a public trust clearance
- Thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages and working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices used to manufacture electromechanical systems
- Direct experience working with manufacturers and/or supporting deployment of complex systems
- Monitor manufacturing production to ensure contract performance
- Monitor Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Assist in designing FATs if required
- Act as liaison between Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Research and write Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Government in factory witness
- Research alternate parts for substitution
- Research alternate sources of supply
- Follow quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Establish and maintain a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assist in the evaluation
- Conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors
- Modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes
- Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data and information
- Performs duties in manufacturers’ plants and at deployment sites.
Thank you for your interest in Syneren Technologies Corporation. If you wish to apply, please attach your resume either in word or PDF format and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Candidates Only Please, US Citizenship/Permanent Resident is Required, No third-party recruiters. Syneren Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.