4080 : Production and Deployment Support EngineerApply Here
Syneren is currently looking for a Production and Deployment Support Engineer or Mechanical Engineer to assist in the production contract management of a substantial acquisition for the National Weather Service. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential to the success in this position – candidates must be able to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Travel is required for this position less than 50% of the time. Work location is primarily Silver Spring, MD and Sterling Field Support Center, VA.
- Engineering degree (BEng, MEng or EE) or equivalent from a four-year college or technical school in engineering, manufacturing and/or quality assurance or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience monitoring the manufacturing of electromechanical systems and subsystems for performance, quality, and adherence to engineering drawings.
- Demonstrable excellent written, oral communications and client relationship management skills.
- Experience using Production Drawing Packages and a thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages to manufacture electromechanical system. Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices.
- Experience monitoring the production of electromechanical systems.
- Experience monitoring manufacturing contract deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience resolving issues discovered during manufacturing such as: drawing package errors, manufacturing process errors, vendor quality, parts substitution, manufacturing quality.
- Experience managing/leading tactical efforts to define and execute goals and objectives, plans, timelines, and providing quality assurance of deliverable.
- Demonstrated expertise in Configuration Management, Program Assessments, and Program Controls.
- Possesses or is able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages and working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices used to manufacture electromechanical systems.
- Direct experience working with manufacturers and/or supporting deployment of complex systems.
- Monitor manufacturing production to ensure contract performance.
- Monitor Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT).
- Assist in designing FATs if required.
- Perform a liaison function between Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Research and write Engineering Change Notices (ECN).
- Government in factory witness.
- Research alternate parts for substitution.
- Research alternate sources of supply.
- Follow quality control methodologies to ensure compliance with quality standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and/or assist in the evaluation.
- Conduct and/or participate in formal and informal reviews at pre-determined points throughout the development life cycle.
- Examine, prepare and verify technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements. May draft detailed multi-view drawings of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors.
- Modify design to correct operating deficiencies and/or reduce production issues.
- Confer with document originators to resolve discrepancies and compile required changes.
- Conducts a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data and information.
- Will perform duties in manufacturers’ plants and at deployment sites.
- At least 5 years related engineering experience with specific experience in manufacturing and design.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. An equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
- Preferred knowledge of ISO standards and documentation.
- Ability to read schematics, assembly drawings and wire lists.
- Thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages used to manufacture electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices.
- Sound administration skills, and well-developed management skills.