4079 : Logistics Engineer/ManagerApply Here
Syneren is currently looking for a Logistician to support our NWS customer. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential to the success in this position. Candidates must be able to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Work location is Field Support Center, Sterling, VA.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Logistics or program management and 8+ years of progressive proven experience.
- Demonstrable excellent written, oral communications and client relationship management skills.
- Logistics or engineering experience for a federal agency or contractor working on a defined “major acquisition program” or major commercial program.
- Broad technical project experience, including the implementation, application and support of management and logistics tools and services – i.e. knowledgeable in practical aspects of project management, program controls.
- Knowledgeable in practical aspects of total lifecycle development and implementation such as, maintenance, provisioning plans, initial deployment, program controls, and documentation.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Acquisition Life Cycle.
- Excellent team building and implementation skills.
- Experience managing/leading logistics-related efforts to define and execute goals and objectives, plans, timelines, and providing quality assurance of deliverables.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to develop and manage logistics strategies.
- Possesses or is able to obtain a public trust clearance.
- Ability to understand Production Drawing Packages.
- Thorough understanding of Production Level MIL-STD 31000 Technical Data Packages used to manufacture electromechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.100M Engineering Drawing Practices.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse team members or multidiscipline collaboration.
- Prior major program management experience including direct reports.
- Prior leadership experience in both functional and program roles.
- Understanding of metrics.
- Ability to work with multiple Federal Agencies and help develop usable logistic support strategies and implementation.
- Provide expertise in the areas of logistic management.
- Lead the project logistic strategy definition, to include initial and mid-lifecycle adjustments if necessary.
- Perform planning and oversight of the project lifecycle development and implementation process, to include the development of documentation.
- Document government directed changes, including the associated impacts on cost, schedule, and risk in the overall project management plan and schedules, or where applicable, other controlling documents.
- Identify and coordinate with appropriate internal and external subject matter experts (SME) within the project and throughout the organization(s) to identify the holders of information necessary to advance the task or deliverable.
- Plan and facilitate logistics working group and Integrated Process Team activities.
- Process and analyze the information gathered from the federal SMEs and, as applicable, internal and external stakeholders to assemble a comprehensive and organized representation of the subject matter for use in executing tasks or authoring deliverables, and where applicable, to support decision making.
- Develop and submit engineering and technical artifacts, memoranda, and written presentations required for supporting the Department’s Management Review Board meetings, and milestone reviews throughout each phase of the project.
- Experience managing technical, logistics or engineering activities and teams in a high stress environment.
- Experience managing and planning schedules, while recognizing when to adjust for tailoring of efforts to properly meet budget and schedule demands in support of the Government Project Manager and team.
- Expert level understanding and experience in the application of logistical processes associated with the lifecycle of complex systems, and the corresponding project management skills for coordination of tasks and risk management associated with large federal acquisition programs.