4070 : Oracle ProgrammerApply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Oracle Programmer to support our technical team. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent programming skills and be customer oriented. Ideally, a motivated, self-driven, and results oriented team player with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new environments and technology. Job Responsibilities: Creates and modifies computer programs by converting project requirements into code.
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Encodes project requirements by converting work flow information into computer language.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications/Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related subject
- Strong presentation skills (oral and written)
- 3+ years of hands on experience
- General Programming Skills, Analyzing Information, Problem Solving, Software Algorithm Design, Software Performance Tuning, Attention to Detail, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Documentation, Software Testing. Cold Fusion
- Oracle APEX
- Oracle BI Publisher
- Oracle WebLogic Software
- CM Tool – e.g. CVS Bug Tracking tool
- SQL Report Builder
- SAS Business Intelligence