4056 : Senior Systems Engineer/ Software Development SMEApply Here
Job location: Stafford, VA
- Provide support for the technical and engineering analysis of United States Marine Corps (USMC) Automated Information Systems (AIS) migration efforts. Assess application support requirements and operational dependencies to select appropriate migration targets. Support individual migration efforts and provide subject matter expertise throughout the Application Inclusion Process (AIP).
- Assist the government customer in requirements development for defining the environment for the development of applications supporting the United States Marine Corps.
- Must have knowledge of the SDLC, including MIL-STD-498 Application and Reference Guidebook, and DoD 5000 series lifecycle management.
- Support the contractor team in migrating existing applications from the legacy environment into the next generation environment. Having above average writing skills to be able to document the software development process in moderate detail for an audience of non-developers (e.g., management).
- Ability to write/document a Development Guide for developing, deploying and supporting software applications in Commercial or Private Cloud as well as On-Premise Infrastructure.
- Software development experience should include many of the following: agile and waterfall development processes; multiple development platforms, software languages and tools; and development aspects including user, functional, and system requirements definition; interface design; application programming interfaces; development, test, and production environments (to include both on premise and cloud); software development project management; security; database design and architecture; production O&M; and software quality assurance
- Configuration Management tools and processes