4055 : Senior Systems Engineer Apply Here
Job location: Stafford, VA
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Senior Systems Engineer with Secret Clearance to support our project team. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes initiative and pride in their work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They should be a motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented professional. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
- Provide support for the technical and engineering analysis of United States Marine Corps (USMC) Automated Information Systems (AIS) migration efforts. Assess application support requirements and operational dependencies to select appropriate migration targets. Support individual migration efforts and provide subject matter expertise throughout the Application Inclusion Process (AIP).
- Must have knowledge of application migration efforts, including domain knowledge in one or more of the following areas- Cloud, Application Virtualization, Data Center Operations, Database Transformation, System Migration (Rehosting, Refactoring, Replatforming, Redesigning).
- Support the contractor team in migrating existing applications from the legacy environment into the next generation environment. Having above average writing skills to be able to produce project deliverables.
- Assists in overseeing business process work sessions, project meetings, and joint applications development sessions to ensure that product design decisions are communicated to departmental personnel.
- Functions as a domain expert and works closely with software developers to understand the application design, and coordinates activities between the customer and the Marine Corps Enterprise Information Technology Service (MCEITS).
- Must have a working knowledge of Configuration Management tools and processes