4038 : NGEN ITSM Architect Apply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA; Washington Navy Yard,
Syneren Technologies is currently seeking a full-time NGEN IT Service Management (ITSM) Architect to support our Department of Navy project team in Washington DC. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes initiative and pride in their work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. He/she should be a motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented professional. He/she must possess technical leadership abilities and excellent written and oral communication skills, and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as a Senior Technical SME in the analysis, design and development of strategies, solutions, and plans for the DON ITSM Services model; Creates strategy documents, roadmaps, briefing materials, frameworks and other documents. Uses in-depth knowledge about PMW 205 strategic plans, technology and business functions to analyze existing solutions and proposals, and develop near and long-term ITSM service and strategic plans. Analyzes existing systems, existing plans, and decompose complex requirements, document requirements, perform gap analysis and develop strategic acquisition and roadmap documents. Provides leadership with PMW205 strategy development (future/big picture) in line with DOD policies. Duties include:
• Provide SME technical expertise and leadership for the design, development, and execution of an Enterprise ITSM Transition Strategy with supporting plans.
• Provide SME technical expertise and leadership to develop Strategic Initiative roadmaps, technical roadmaps and action plans to assist with the implementation of PMW 205’s Enterprise Strategy.
• Lead and coordinate with other team members (Government and Syneren) to identify, analyze, and recommend transition practices, establish NGEN–R Readiness criteria in the areas of Network, Vendor, and Government.
• Provide leadership/coordination with the implementation of knowledge sharing activities among various DON organizations in support of the NEN Transition.
• Coordinate and assist with monitoring performance and progress against plans, baselines, and requirements.
• Provide leadership with the identification and resolution of issues impacting Program cost, schedule, and performance.
• Provide leadership with the development of budget, costing, acquisition and contract input for project cost, schedule and performance estimates and draft work products;
• Provide leadership/coordination with the design and development of comprehensive strategies for the PMW 205 service portfolios,
• Provide leadership/coordination with the creation of charters, policies, processes and procedures in support of the Transition IPT and Strategy.
• Prepare and organize senior SME level decision briefings on complex topics with significant mission impact to Program and Navy leadership.
• 10+ years Navy IT (preferably PMW 205) or DoD IT experience working with requirements or Next Generation, developing policy, and major stakeholders and Echelon II Command Information Officers and sub-Commands as it relates to Enterprise ITSM Services – IT rationalization, and portfolio management.
• Demonstrated ITIL/ITSMF Framework knowledge and implementation experience.
• Portfolio Management experience including legacy asset reduction, IT strategy development, Information Assurance Compliance, and Enterprise Architecture Compliance.
• Experiencing migrating systems and applications from their legacy environment into future state modernized environments (i.e. commercial cloud environments).
• Technical Task Management experience to include serving as the single point of contact with the Government Task Manager.
• ITIL Intermediate or Higher Certification
• U.S. Citizenship • Secret Clearance • ITIL Certification - Foundations