4024 : Electronics TechnicianApply Here
Job location: Sterling, VA
Syneren is currently looking for an Electronics Technician to assist in the pre-production activities leading the fielding for an automated weather system supporting our National Weather Service Customer. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess and apply analytical and troubleshooting skills to identify and repair electronic equipment Qualified applicants will be well-versed and experienced in electronics principles, schematics, electromechanical designs, test and evaluation of systems. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are essential to the success in this position. Candidates must be able to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences. Work location is Silver Spring, MD with occasional travel and occasional off site work at the Sterling Field Support Center, Sterling, VA.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of experience working as a Military ET in support of meteorological equipment, communications equipment, or avionics, or ET experience in a test laboratory, or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrates excellent communication and client relationship skills written and oral
- Detail oriented, with keen attention to detail, methodical, and organized; able to work independently or in teams.
- Demonstrated experience with diverse team members or multidiscipline collaboration
- Thorough understanding of technical specifications, functional requirements documents, level 3 drawings and requirements, specification control drawings, source control drawings, mechanical assembly drawings, parts list
- Proficient with DOORS, requirements traceability, and testing documentation
- Experience in the development and writing technical instructions, manuals, assembly procedures
- Experience with VISIO required, AutoCad
- Experience with automated data collection equipment
- Experience with electronic sensors
- Experience creating and following test plans
- Occasional travel (<10%) and split time between Silver Spring, MD and Sterling, VA
- Read, understand, troubleshoot and follow electrical schematics
- Choose and qualify components and sub components, connectors, wire, and associated test equipment and tooling
- Design and build AC, DC, and signal cable harnesses
- Hands on prototyping of electromechanical assemblies
- Soldering, using crimp tools and other tools used to assemble electronic equipment
- Create and edit electrical and electronic diagrams
- Other related duties as assigned.