4001 : Systems Engineer, Secret Clearance Apply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA
Program Name: SAMSS
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Systems Engineer to support our project team. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes initiative and pride in their work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They should be a motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented professional. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist in establishing requirements, documentation, planning, coordination, scheduling and technical assistance of major USMC System and Application migrations. Candidate will may provide direct support in the evaluation of system utilization, monitoring response time and primary support for detection and correction of operational problems. Candidate may be called upon to assist in troubleshooting at the physical level of the network, working with network measurement hardware and software as well as physically checking and testing hardware devices at the logical level working with communication protocols. Candidate’s primary role will support application modernization and migration to new data center and/or cloud hosting for multiple applications
- U.S. Citizen
- Minimum DoD Security Clearance: SECRET
- CISSP or Security+ certified or willing and able to acquire one of this certificate in defined timeframe
- Experience in Data Center Migration or major System and or Application implementations
- 5+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Understanding of 2 or more application platforms such as: IIS/.NET, MS SQL Server, Oracle RDBMS and related tools, Mobile Apps, JBOSS (a Red Hat software), Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Data Analytics environments and tools
- General skills and understanding of software algorithm design, software performance tuning, software design, software debugging, software development fundamentals, software documentation, software testing, cold fusion, etc. Strong abilities in analysis, problem solving, and attention to detail are a must.
- Network and System Administration in Wide-area network (WAN) or local-area network (LAN) experience.
- Virtualization techniques, installation, configuration and testing and SAN Architecture
- Knowledge of development operations, software development processes, and life cycle in a cloud environment.
- USMC systems experience
About Syneren: Syneren Technologies Corporation is a leading provider of technology solutions for the government and commercial sectors. Our broad services cover an array of disciplines, including Hardware and Systems Engineering, Software Development and Testing, IT Systems Support, Independent Testing and Evaluation (IV&V) and Program Support. Notably our innovative and effective solutions are delivered consistently by a highly qualified staff and management team.
Syneren Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer www.dhs.gov/E-VerifyE-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.