3085 : Desktop Publisher and Graphics Designer Apply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA
Syneren Technologies is seeking a full-time Desktop Publisher and Graphics Designer with experience in print and electronic media to provide support for visual designing, proposal development and technical writing. This position requires the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize a variety of demanding assignments. The selected candidate takes direction from written or spoken ideas and expresses them into images, layouts and other designs. Applicants with experience leading creative teams and preparing Government proposals are given prime consideration.
- Uses common illustration/graphics software, such as Visio, MS Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite to develop graphs, charts, diagrams and presentations.
- Imports text and graphics into desktop publishing software programs.
- Develops and uses imagery to supplement, substitute and enhance proposal content.
- Ensures all proposals share a common visual theme, including consistency of colors, fonts, shapes, sizes, and relationships between graphics.
- Researches, writes, edits, and proofreads technical documents such as proposals, manuals, procedures and specifications.
- Provides suggestions and alternatives to enhance the impact of proposal graphics, written content, and the document’s overall style.
- Works with SMEs to develop a compliant and compelling proposal narrative.
- Analyzes documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Assists in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations.
- Understands and adheres to Government proposal guidelines and processes.
- Expert in MS Office, especially PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite.
- 2-5 years of experience developing graphics for Federal Government proposals, including oral presentations.
- 2-5 years of experience in technical writing and desktop publishing, preferably for Federal Government proposals.
- Team Player with strong attention to detail and consistency.
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent English language speaking, writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Graphics Design.
If you wish to apply, please attach your resume either in word or PDF format and submit to email@example.com. Local Candidates Only Please, US Citizenship/Permanent Resident is Required, No third party recruiters. Thank you for your interest in Syneren Technologies Corporation.
Syneren Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.