3076 : Business Development ManagerApply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Business Development Manager to support our corporate team. The Business Development is fully responsible for opportunity pipeline generation and management, including IDIQ contract opportunities. Responsibilities include the project capture life cycle as well as responsibility for planning, controlling, directing and executing all activities from opportunity assessment to proposal submitter while completing the required decision and Team reviews. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess excellent organizational skills and be customer oriented.
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities
- Manage a gated Federal business development pipeline
- Lead overall procurement including acquisition planning, marketing and proposal development
- Execute call plan with client decision makers to support capture strategy and pre-RFP action plan
- Prepare marketing/positioning plan for competitive/political environments
- Develop and present ‘Win’ Strategy to Executive Leadership Team
- Gather acquisition intelligence data on client decision makers
- Prepare customer and competitive business analysis
- Influence and shape client RFP requirements
- Generation of new business opportunity(ies) and/or competitive renewal(s) of current contract(s)
- Supervises activities of proposal manager(s), writers, pricing and estimating resources, technical specialists, production personnel and others assigned to the organizational proposal teams.
- Identifies and prepares special proposal requirements affecting legal, purchasing, contracts, human resources and accounting. Briefs senior management on program highlights. Reviews Milestone presentations to ensure they support Bid/No-Bid and other Senior Staff decisions.
- Bachelor or advanced degree in Marketing, Business, Finance related program or equivalent
- 7+ years of technology solutions selling to the federal government with a proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- 5+ years of managing multi-volume Federal proposals that has resulted in awards
- Has executive presence, including excellent communication skills, oral and written and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management skills, ability to work extended hours during proposal deadlines.
- Good understanding of general business procedures, including sales and marketing, operations, inbound logistics, Information Technology, human resources, and business financing
- Sales experience qualifying leads, prospects and opportunities guiding customers through the Federal sales cycle
- Personal relationships with C-level leaders and project managers across federal agencies
- Detailed understanding of Federal procurement processes and contracting vehicles
- Ability to produce effective and clear communication, both written and verbal
- Experience with Microsoft word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project (with resource management).
- Customer call plans, teaming and negotiation skills, financial business case development
- Must be able to manage multiple proposals at the same time
- Analyze the solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation and prepare the detailed proposal outline and compliance matrix.
- Plan proposal and proposal support activities, prepare the master proposal schedule and manage the proposal preparation process.
- Manage proposals from initial conception through final delivery, including themes, discriminators and content development, technical writing, editing, and proposal presentation
- Anticipate and resolve proposal challenges and problems.
- Perform in a variety of proposal development roles, including but not limited to leading sections and/or volumes and technical writing and editing, as needed
- Develop, send or respond to data calls to/from team members
- Coordinate tag-up calls with internal and external members/teammates, prepare minutes and follow-up
- Responsible for coordinating color team reviews, gathering and incorporating comments
- Prepare, present, conduct and participate in reviews at all stages in the proposal.
- Ensure that the proposal conforms to the solicitation’s instructions, evaluation criteria and SOW.
- Responsible for proposal production and deliver, ensuring quality and compliance checks.
- Responsible for training the proposal and business development teams
- Develop and manage the proposal team: assign proposal personnel and resources; and issue effective proposal instructions to proposal team staff.
- Prepare status reports and briefings for management