3073 : Technical WriterApply Here
Job location: Arlington, VA
Syneren is currently seeking a full-time Technical Writer to support our technical team. The ideal candidate thrives in a team atmosphere, takes pride in his/her work, and is committed to a highly proactive, process-driven approach. They must possess the ability to work independently, and as a member of teams. Ideally, a customer focused, self-driven, and results oriented team player with the ability to learn and adapt quickly to new environments and technology.
The candidate will research subject matter and write and edit material for reports, manuals, proposals, instructional material, directives, technical and outreach publications as well as software and hardware, requirements and testing documents. This task may also include obtaining technical data from independent observation, reviews with staff members, and/or studies of published materials and existing documentation.
- Assists in planning and execution of system test scope, plans, and scenarios for module updates, conversion tasks, and new applications
- Documents specific test case results and overall system test results and assist in research for test failure
- When not involved with testing, provides documentation support for development team, user documentation, etc., following established team standards
- Has good understanding of business applications and technology
- Edits and formats or reformats existing documentation to match new standards or functionality
- Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them
- Assists in development of software user manuals;
- Responsible for taskings in these knowledge areas that have been assigned by the COTR
- Perform a variety of tasks such as researching, creating content, proofreading, copy-editing, and line editing.
- Obtain background information on technologies, methods, and standards.
- Revise text and recommend changes in scope, format, and content to ensure compliance.
- Create or access illustrations (tables, figures, charts) to prepare reports, articles, and publications for internal and external distribution.
- Create, compile, and deliver complex system development documentation packages, including, but not limited to narratives, diagrams from technical project teams, results from system requirements analysis, system design specifications, and operating instructions.
- Excellent English language speaking/writing/editing skills with the ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
- Bachelors Degree from accredited 4 year college
- Strong computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office (especially Word) and Acrobat Creative Suite
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to edit and format large documents
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- 2+yrs as Technical Writer/editor is required,…experience as a technical government proposal writer is preferred.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related technical field
- Competency to understand the following technologies:
- SOA Systems Architecture
- J2EE Applications Architecture
- Relational DB Analysis, Relational DB Design
- Oracle ADF Application Development
- J2EE Application Development
- Java Application Development
- Enterprise JAVA Bean Development
- Oracle BPEL Process Development
- Oracle ESB Process Development
- Advanced XML (schema design, transformation) Development
- Oracle PL/SQL Development
- Oracle SQL Development
- Oracle jDeveloper Development
- Oracle J2EE Scheduler
- OC4J Container Administration
- ANT Scripting
- Oracle BPM Worklist Application Development
- Oracle JAVA BPM workflow APIs
- OID Administration
- Web development under 508 Compliance
- Offline Data Archiving and Retrieval
- Oracle Advanced Queuing
- Business Intelligence – Publisher (BIP)
- ETL experience
If you wish to apply, please attach your resume either in word or PDF format and submit to email@example.com. Local Candidates Only Please, US Citizenship/Permanent Resident is Required, No third party recruiters. Thank you for your interest in Syneren Technologies Corporation.
Syneren Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.