2448 : Software Systems Engineer: Senior Level Apply Here
Job location: Washington DC
Program Name: Syneren Technology
Customer Organization: DoD
We are seeking a Software Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in the DC area we support Program, delivering analysis, validation and verification of safety-critical and mission-critical software for important science and human exploration programs, including the Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle (MPCV) Program, the Space Launch System (SLS) Program, and the Ground Systems Development and Operations (GSDO) Program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical task planning and supports the Project Lead in the execution and control of the tasks.
- Performs full-lifecycle (i.e., Concept to Deployment) Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) analyses to ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical constraints.
- Performs IV&V analysis of system and software architecture, system and software requirements, software design, source code, and the developer’s software integration, interface, formal verification and qualification, systems integration, and certification test products.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, and requirements allocation and interface definition studies to evaluate compliance of software specifications with customer requirements.
- Conducts software hazard analysis and risk assessment.
- Develops independent test plans, cases, procedures, and scripts and performs independent testing of safety-critical and mission-critical software systems to ensure the system will not do what it is not supposed to do and will respond in a safe and desired manner under adverse conditions.
- Interacts directly with targeted development program personnel providing a suitable interface for the program to gain access to the results of IV&V analyses.
- Leads small teams of analysts performing verification and validation analyses.
- Analyzes effectiveness/efficiency of program procedures and processes and develops/recommends improvements.
- Prepares presentations, reports, research, and other contract deliverables related to IV&V analyses performed.
- Supports IV&V Project Lead directly as knowledgeable reviewer of IV&V products and services.
- Participates in Risk Management process as it relates to execution of the IV&V Project and to the software development project being evaluated by the IV&V team.
- Participates in selected programs, events, and meetings involving staff, Government customers, and visitors.
- Work is performed on-site in Government facilities.
- Occasional travel may be required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other software-related engineering program, OR an additional 4 years of directly related experience in lieu of degree
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills, good communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments
- Work experience with all major aspects of the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, and test)
- Familiarity with software architecture, systems engineering, and verification and validation
- Must be able to read and understand C or C++ source code to verify correct, complete, and consistent implementation of software requirements and behaviors
- Must be able to read and understand software designs in MATLAB/SImulink to verify correct, complete, and consistent design implementation of software requirements and behaviors
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Experience and familiarity with NASA programs involving spacecraft / launch vehicle systems and domains such as rocket engine propulsion control; flight dynamics; vehicle system management; fault protection / fault management; launch, flight, and abort operations / processes; software safety; and mission assurance
- Experience integrating large complex safety-critical software systems
- Experience in the performance of IV&V of complex systems incorporating real time operations